Developers: the 0install web-site
The 0install.net site is held in a Git repository. If you want to work on it, you can clone it like this:
git clone https://github.com/0install/web-site.git
Run make to generate the .html files from the .xml ones. The XML syntax is basically HTML, but an XSLT stylesheet generates the navigation.
To add a new page:
- Copy one of the existing .xml files to create the new page.
- Add it to the Makefile so it gets built.
- Add it to structure.xml to put it in the navigation.
- Add it to Git with "git add page.xml".
To update the actual site:
- If you don't have admin access, submit a pull request to the GitHub "web-site" project.
- If you are an admin, run the deploy-to-github-pages.sh script. This will create a temporary subdirectory called github-tmp, run make it in, commit the generated files and push to the (auto-generated) gh-pages branch. The changes will appear immediately on the site.