A decentralised cross-platform software installation system.
Works on Linux, Windows and macOS. Fully open source.
Run apps with a single clickRun applications without having to install them first.
Control everything from a command-line or graphical interface.
You control your own computerYou don't have to guess what happens during installation.
Mix and match stable and experimental apps on a single system.
Anyone can distribute softwareCreate one package that works on multiple platforms.
Publish on any static web host; no central point of control.
With dependency handling and automatic updates.
Security is centralInstalling an app doesn't grant it administrator access.
Digital signatures are always checked before new software is run.
Apps can share libraries without having to trust each other.
- Jun 2023
- Zero Install for Windows 2.25.0 released. Support for sharing downloaded implementations in local network.
- May 2023
- Zero Install for Windows 2.24.8 and 2.24.10 released. Contains various bugfixes.
- Apr 2023
- Zero Install for Windows 2.24.7 released. Support for HTTP connection reuse and GZip-compression.
- Mar 2023
- Zero Install for Windows 2.24.6 released. Implicitly try
--versionwould otherwise lead to no results
- Jan 2023
- Zero Install for Windows 2.24.4 released. Contains various bugfixes.