A decentralised cross-platform software installation system.
Works on Linux, Windows and macOS. Fully open source.
Run apps with a single clickRun applications without having to install them first.
Control everything from a command-line or graphical interface.
You control your own computerYou don't have to guess what happens during installation.
Mix and match stable and experimental apps on a single system.
Anyone can distribute softwareCreate one package that works on multiple platforms.
Publish on any static web host; no central point of control.
With dependency handling and automatic updates.
Security is centralInstalling an app doesn't grant it administrator access.
Digital signatures are always checked before new software is run.
Apps can share libraries without having to trust each other.
- Sep 2022
- Zero Install for Windows 2.23.11released. Added
0install store serve, increased maximum number of concurrent downloads per domain, added more details to error outputs, various tweaks and bugfixes.
- Jul 2022
- Zero Install for Windows 2.23.9 and 2.23.10 released. Improved
0install export, apply
<package-implementation>s when possible, various tweaks and bugfixes.
- Jun 2022
- Zero Install for Windows 2.23.4, 2.23.5 and 2.23.6 released. Added GUI for selecting specific app versions, made generated stub EXEs reproducible (constant hashes), various tweaks and bugfixes.
- May 2022
- Zero Install for Windows 2.23.3 released. Improved GUI for managing "my apps", various tweaks and bugfixes.
- Apr 2022
- Zero Install for Windows 2.23.1 and 2.23.2 released. Switched to Segoe UI font", various tweaks and bugfixes.
- Mar 2022
Zero Install for Windows 2.23.0 released. Adds
<remove-hook>capability, improves filtering apps in the GUI, adds translations, fixes some bugs.
0repo 0.13 released. This uses the default Git committer and author if no GnuPG key is specified, improves the feed and catalog stylesheets.